Episode 28 Notes:
This episode is sponsored by The Great Courses Plus. For a limited time only, they are offering our listeners an entire Month for FREE! Start your free month trial today using our special URL:
Say you don’t have access to the kind of gym you want to lift in, or any gym period…but you have a garage (or something similar)?
What’s absolutely essential to making a home gym work for you, and about how much money would you need to spend?
Here’s what we came up with:
- Spend as little as possible…or as much as possible?
- What’s the minimum equipment you need?
- Are dumbbells and specialty bars necessary?
- Is flooring a critical element or a luxury
- How much is a decent power rack?
- How do you keep from busting up the floor?
Alan Thrall joins us with his experienced take on this topic. Alan is the owner of Untamed Strength, a strongman/powerlifting gym in Sacramento, CA. (The term we were looking for about Alan’s service as a Marine was “body bearer.”)
Alan makes some specific equipment recommendations, including racks from Rogue Fitness.
Our ideas start around 9:00.
Alan joins us around 19:30.
Produced by Jim McDonald
Production assistance by Connor O’Neal (@connoroneal).
Theme by Aaron Moore.
Branding by Joseph Manzo.