Episode 11 Notes:
Our good friend, Jacob Ross returns as our expert to answer this question. Can you teach speed? Specifically, speed for sports?
As we talked through the question, we of course came up with even more thoughts:
- Is it purely genetics?
- Are there muscle fiber type differences between men and women?
- Can strength training really impact speed?
- How important is “First Step?”
- Does beginning training at an early age make a difference?
- Quickness vs actual speed.
Our ideas about the question start about 13:00.
Jacob shares his thoughts starting at around 19:58.
Huge thanks to Jacob for being our expert. You can find him on Instagram: @jacob.w.ross.
Produced by Jim McDonald
Production assistance by Connor O’Neal.
Theme by Aaron Moore.
Branding by Joseph Manzo.