Stretching is one of those topics that seems to get a major revision every few years. What’s the current thinking?
We asked Dr. Teddy Willsey DPT for his insight. Dr. Willsey, is a co-founder of Citizen Athletics, a doctor of physical therapy, a strength and conditioning coach, movement enthusiast, and operator of Healthy Baller Physical Therapy in Washington, D.C. He has extensive experience in working with real athletes.
Here are some of our thoughts:
- Does stretching make any difference to what you’re able to lift?
- Can you actually hurt yourself by stretching?
- Are you stretching muscles…or?
- What’s the difference between static and dynamic stretching?
- Should you do both? If so, which one when?
- Can stretching cause permanent changes to your flexibility?
Produced by Jim McDonald
Production assistance by Connor O’Neal.
Theme by Aaron Moore.
Branding by Joseph Manzo.