The existence of weight classes and coefficients drive many people to do last minute weight cuts, but many don’t make the best choices when making these cuts. If competition is about being your best, are you setting yourself up for a sub-par performance? There are many ways to cut, but which ways are optimal? We cover these points, and the questions below, in this very compact episode.
- How much is too much to lose for a 24-hour weigh-in? Or a two-hour weigh-in?
- Are laxatives a good idea or will you have to poop on the platform?
- Can you cut enough weight without manipulating water intake?
- Do you have to cut carbs?
- Or salt?
- How do you put the weight back on quickly, safely, and without stomach upset?
- Is pigging out ever a good idea?
Eric holds a BS in fitness and wellness, an MS in exercise science, a second masters in sports nutrition, a PhD in strength and conditioning, and is a research fellow for AUT at the Sports Performance Research Institute New Zealand.
Omar is a successful YouTube content creator from Canada, a partner with Mike Farr and Bart Kwan on Kizen Training, as well has pursuing other business ventures.
You can find them both on their new podcast, Iron Culture.
Produced by Jim McDonald
Production assistance by Connor O’Neal.
Theme by Aaron Moore.
Branding by Joseph Manzo.