Dr. Matt Johnson, a Certified Sport Psychology Consultant (and former Notre Dame quarterback), joins us to discuss a fundamental question about performance under pressure. Our thoughts:
- Are some people just born to be gamers? To perform at a high level in the clutch?
- Can regular people learn to handle pressure situations better?
- Is visualization important to improving performance?
- Do high performers think about everything at once? Or just ONE thing?
- What role does being in a “flow state” play?
Dr. Johnson draws on his experience working with athletes and executives to offer observations about what makes high performers tick, and strategies to help the rest of us.
Our ideas start at about 9:00.
Our expert joins us starting at around 25:00.
You can find Dr. Johnson at his website drmattjohnson.com
Produced by Jim McDonald
Production assistance by Connor O’Neal.
Theme by Aaron Moore.
Branding by Joseph Manzo.