Episode 9 Notes:
Mike’s mom, Maria Farr, is a certified olive oil judge and sensory panelist. With all the recent focus on fats in our diets, we decided to bring her on to help educate us – and you – on a particularly tasty fat.
Our questions went something like this:
- What does “extra virgin” even mean? (It’s not “first pressing.”)
- Is olive oil better than other oils?
- What’s up with flavored oils?
- How can you tell if an oil is good…or bad.
- Is it better to buy oil locally (if you can)?
Our ideas start at about 10:23.
Maria starts dropping knowledge starting at around 22:38.
Produced by Jim McDonald
Production assistance by Connor O’Neal.
Theme by Aaron Moore.
Branding by Joseph Manzo.